Expect more when you’re expecting
Bringing a child into the world is one of life’s most exciting experiences. At Barstow Community Hospital, we provide a home-like environment and medical expertise to ensure that your child’s birth is as special as it deserves to be — for you and your family.
Barstow Community Hospital’s maternity services include:
- gynecologist/obstetricians (OB/GYNs) and highly trained maternity specialists who are committed to ensuring you and your baby have the best experience possible.
- comfortable, private maternity suites.
- close proximity to the surgery services department should you need a cesarean.
- Baby-Friendly designation, one of the first hospitals in the High Desert to earn this prestigious recognition, which provides the highest standards for mother/baby care practices related to infant feeding.
- family-centered care in which mother and baby stay together from childbirth to discharge. Couplet care is an evidence-based best practice in maternity care that facilitates family bonding, supports successful breastfeeding and increases patient satisfaction.
- lactation services from an international board-certified lactation consultant, breastfeeding classes and breastfeeding support group.
- educational resources for moms-to-be and new moms.
- a safe and secure environment, including
- security cameras throughout the unit.
- required guest check-in before entering.
- the latest technology to keep your infant secure. We place a small, tamper-proof tag on your baby immediately after birth. Should an infant be carried toward an exit door, our security system will automatically set off an alarm and activate magnetic door locks.
Celebrating Nursing Excellence
Lauren Stapp, RN, with Barstow Community Hospital’s obstetrics department, was presented with the hospital’s first DAISY Award. The DAISY Award was established to celebrate the extraordinary compassion nurses provide their patients and families every day. “Lauren is...
Related Services and Conditions
We know that the arrival of a new child is a defining moment for a family. For this special reason, the maternity wing works hard to partner with mom and her support group to keep everyone comfortable and informed through the whole process. Each of Barstow Community...
At Barstow Community Hospital, assistance with breastfeeding is offered by an international board certified lactation consultant. After your baby is born, this professional is available Monday through Friday to help ensure success with breastfeeding. You can also...