Lose to Win Weight Loss Challenge
15th Annual “Lose to Win” Weight-loss Challenge
May 30 to September 5, 2023
Think you’ve got what it takes to lose? This 14-week weight-loss challenge is designed to jump start you to achieving a more fit, healthier you.
New Format in 2023!*
- We have eliminated the team concept
- All participants will compete as individuals
- Prizes will be based solely on individual weight-loss percentages
- Although there are no teams, coaches are still available to assist in the gym, and lead classes in the gym and occasionally on the weekend off-site.
The Challenge Benefits
- Fun and challenging way to become healthier!
- Learn how to exercise and eat for better health
- 14-week membership to Fitness MD 24-7 Gym and all classes included ($175 value)
- Potential to win $1,000 to $300, plus a one-year membership to Fitness MD 24-7 Gym to continue your new, healthier lifestyle (only one prize package per person)
- A body composition evaluation, which measures body fat, muscle, total body water and body mass index (BMI).This is an added value included in your entry.
- $119 early-bird fee before May 12, 2023
- $139 entry fee from May 13 to May 30, 2023
- Register at Fitness MD 24-7 Gym, 320 East Main Street, through May 30, 2023
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least 20 pounds to lose
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of more than 30
- Commit to exercising and/or attending fitness workshops/education classes a minimum of three times per week.
- Consult with your physician to ensure you are physically able to participate in a challenge of this nature
- Fill out a consent and release of liability form for Barstow Community Hospital, Fitness MD 24-7 Gym, challenge partners
- Cannot have had weight-loss surgery (including, Lap Band, gastric bypass, bariatric, or other) in the past 12 months
- To be eligible for any prize, you cannot have won more than one challenge prize in any of the previous 14 challenges.
- Complete a W9 tax form in the event you win a cash prize
* Restrictions apply. The presenters reserve the right to make changes to the challenge as necessary and all committee decisions are final.
- Tuesday, May 30, 2023 to Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Pre-Event Kick-Off Reception
- Kick-Off Event: Los Domingo’s Restaurant, Thursday, June 1, 6-8p.m.
- A social event to meet your fellow contestants
- Introductions by the gym staff
- Light refreshments
- May 30 through June 1, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., at Fitness MD 24-7 Gym (320 East Main St., Barstow)
- An initial weigh-in photo will be taken as a way to document participant’s progress throughout the challenge. (Photos will not be used in promotional pieces, ads or events without the written consent of the participants.)
- Each participant’s starting weight will be recorded in a private room at Fitness MD 24-7 Gym and kept strictly confidential. At no time will weights be posted or announced. Only the amount of weight lost for each individual and/or his/her weight-loss percentage will be announced.
(Each contestant will be responsible for having his/her weight officially recorded to be eligible.)
- July 10 through July 11, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Fitness MD 24-7 Gym
- July 31 and August 1, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Fitness MD 24-7 Gym
- August 14 and August 15, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Fitness MD 24-7 Gym
- Tuesday, September 5, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Fitness MD, 24-7 Gym
- Each contestant must weigh-in for final percentage of weight loss. This weigh-in will be used for final results.
- Final weigh-in photo will be taken as a way to document the participant’s progress through this challenge. (Photos will not be used in promotional pieces, ads or events without the consent of the participants.)
- Winners will be announced at the Lose to Win weight-loss challenge awards ceremony (COVID-restrictions permitting with location to be determined)
- Winners will be determined by largest percentage of weight loss.
- The following prizes** will be presented to the winners:
- Individual Winner: Individual with the highest weight-loss percentage will receive $1,000 and a one-year membership to Fitness MD 24-7 Gym.
- Individual Runner-up: Individual with second highest average weight-loss percentage will receive $500 plus a one-year membership to Fitness MD 24-7 Gym.
- Individual Placing 3rd through 10th: Individuals placing 3rd through 10th with the highest weight-loss percentage will receive $300 and a six-month membership to the Fitness MD 24-7 Gym.
**Limit of two lifetime challenge prizes.
Checks ready for pick-up by October 1, 2021. Restrictions apply. The presenters reserve the right to make changes to the challenge as necessary and all committee decisions are final.
For questions about the weight-loss challenge, contact Fitness MD 24-7 Gym at 760-255-3639; 320 E. Main Street • Barstow, CA 92311 •>FITNESSMD247.COM