Lose to Win Weight Loss Challenge
14th Annual “Lose to Win” Weight-loss Challenge
May 31 to September 6, 2022
Think you’ve got what it takes to lose? This 14-week weight-loss challenge is designed to jump start you to achieving a more fit, healthier you.
The Challenge Benefits
- Fun and challenging way to become healthier!
- Learn how to exercise and eat for better health
- 14-week membership to Fitness MD 24-7 Gym and all classes included ($175 value)
- Potential to win $1,000 to $250, plus a one-year membership to Fitness MD 24-7 Gym to continue your new, healthier lifestyle (only one prize package per person)
- A body composition evaluation, which measures body fat, muscle, total body water and body mass index (BMI).This is an added $19 value included in your entry.
- $99 early-bird fee before May 13, 2022
- $124 entry fee from May 14 to May 31, 2022
- Register at Fitness MD 24-7 Gym, 320 East Main Street, through May 31, 2022
Registration & Release Form
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least 20 pounds to lose
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of more than 30
- Commit to exercising and/or attending fitness workshops/education classes a minimum of three times per week.
- Consult with your physician to ensure you are physically able to participate in a challenge of this nature
- Fill out a medical questionnaire and a consent and release of liability form for Barstow Community Hospital, Fitness MD 24-7 Gym, challenge partners
- Cannot have had weight-loss surgery (including, Lap Band, gastric bypass, bariatric, or other) in the past 12 months
- To participate on a team or be eligible for any prize, you cannot have won more than one challenge prize in any of the previous 13 challenges
- Complete a W9 tax form in the event you win a cash prize
* Restrictions apply. The presenters reserve the right to make changes to the challenge as necessary and all committee decisions are final.
- Tuesday, May 31, 202s to Tuesday, September 6, 2022
Pre-Event Kick-Off Reception
- Kick-Off Event: Thursday, June 2, 6-8 p.m., Los Domingo’s Restaurant
- A social event to meet your fellow contestants and potential future team members and the challenge trainers
- Introductions by the gym staff discussing their class offerings
- Light refreshments
- June 13, teams consisting of 10 contestants will be chosen by Fitness M.D. 24-7 Gym management and the coaches.
- All contestants (not including contestants who self-selected the non-coached individual category) will be placed into five categories by weight (lowest to highest).
- Coaches will pick five team members (one from each of the five weight categories) through a draft. The other five team members will be randomly selected (also one from each weight category) through a blind draw process.
- Each team will start meeting with their coach at Fitness MD 24-7 Gym who will assist contestants in losing weight and living healthier.
- The teams will be ranked through the remainder of the challenge by using the weight-loss percentages of ONLY the top six contestants on each team. All 10 team members will be eligible for the team prizes—as long as a team member doesn’t quit on his/ her own or get dropped on July 15 for having the lowest weight-loss percentage on his/her team.
Team Member Drop
- July 15, each team will be required to drop a team member with the lowest weight-loss percentage. A new team member will be appointed to join their team from the pool of contestants not already on a team. The individual from this group with the highest weight-loss percentage will go to the team in last place and continue in this reverse order manner until all teams have a new team member. (Team members who are dropped will be eligible for the non-coached prizes.)
- Participants who select the “Non-coached Individual” category on the registration form will not be placed on a team during the full run of the competition.
- Non-coached Individual Contestant: All contestants not selected for a team or after the July 16 team member drop/replacement will compete for the non-coached individual awards.
- May 31 through June 2, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., at Fitness MD 24-7 Gym (320 East Main St., Barstow)
- An initial weigh-in photo will be taken as a way to document participant’s progress throughout the challenge. (Photos will not be used in promotional pieces, ads or events without the written consent of the participants.)
- Each participant’s starting weight will be recorded in a private room at Fitness MD 24-7 Gym and kept strictly confidential. At no time will weights be posted or announced. Only the amount of weight lost for each individual and/or his/her weight-loss percentage will be announced.
(Each team member and non-coached individual contestant will be responsible for having his/her weight officially recorded to be eligible.)
- July 11 through July 12, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Fitness MD 24-7 Gym
- August 1 and August 2, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Fitness MD 24-7 Gym
- August 15 and August 16, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Fitness MD 24-7 Gym
(All contestants, non-coached individuals and team members)
- Tuesday, September 6, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Fitness MD, 24-7 Gym
- Each contestant must weigh-in for final individual and team calculation for percentage of weight loss. This weigh-in will be used for final results.
- Final weigh-in photo will be taken as a way to document the participant’s progress through this challenge. (Photos will not be used in promotional pieces, ads or events without the consent of the participants.)
- Winners will be announced at the Lose to Win weight-loss challenge awards ceremony (COVID-restrictions permitting with location to be determined)
- Winners will be determined by largest percentage of weight loss.
- The following prizes** will be presented to the winners:
- Individual Winner: Individual with the highest weight-loss percentage from a team will receive $1,000 and a one-year membership to Fitness MD 24-7 Gym.
- Winning Team Members: All 10 team members on the team with highest average weight-loss percentage will receive $300 each plus a one-year membership to Fitness MD 24-7 Gym. (Any team member who quits the challenge will not be eligible for team prize awards.)
- Individual runner-ups: Five individuals from any team with the most weight-loss percentage will each receive a one-year membership to Fitness MD 24-7 Gym.
- Non-coached Individual Winner: Individual (who was participating in the challenge independently from the coached teams) with the highest weight-loss percentage will receive $500 and a one-year membership to the Fitness MD 24-7 Gym.
- Non-coached Individual Runner-ups: Two individuals (who were participating in the challenge independently from the coached teams) with the second and third highest weight-loss percentages will each receive $250 and a six-month membership to the Fitness MD 24-7 Gym.
**Limit of one prize per individual each year. Limited to two lifetime challenge prizes.
Checks ready for pick-up by October 1, 2021. Restrictions apply. The presenters reserve the right to make changes to the challenge as necessary and all committee decisions are final.
For questions about the weight-loss challenge, contact Fitness MD 24-7 Gym at 760-255-3639; 320 E. Main Street • Barstow, CA 92311 •>FITNESSMD247.COM